The AVL Harness Springs are used on A-Series (32 and 40 shaft with E-Lift), V-Series looms, and the Workshop Dobby Loom (WDL). The springs are used in place of the Spring Lever System in order to keep downward tension on the harnesses.
- A-Series (32 and 40 shaft with E-Lift), V-Series looms, and the Workshop Dobby Loom (WDL).
- Can be used to replaced any springs that have worn out or can be "doubled up" to increase tension.
- Harness springs can be added to "floating harnesses" to keep them down in place. Harness Float occurs most often when one or two harness are "heddle heavy" or loaded with many heddles compared to other harnesses (such as unbalanced weaves).
- The Heavy Duty spring can be used in place of the regular spring and typically only on the first two shafts. If two regular springs/side of the harness aren't getting it done, it may be wise to step up to heavy duty springs.
- Regular harness springs can be doubled up to increase downward tension. Up to 4/ harness (two on each side of the harness) can be added