We offer three beam coverings to support weaving with different types of yarn. The coverings are meant to give the appropriate amount of traction on the breast beam without damaging the fiber.
- Standard beam covering. Good for many types of yarn.
- Replacement sandpaper "sticky" beam covering. This comes in a long strip meant to be wrapped around a bare cloth beam using double sided tape to hold it in place (not included).
- The process is user friendly and easily done on the loom.
- Sandpaper Surface is sized to fit A-Series, all full frame (PDL, TDL, Modular, etc.), Industrial Dobby, Folding and Workshop Dobby Looms.
- Softgrip is for yarn fibers that paradoxically needed more grip than the sandpaper could provide but also needed a less-abrasive surface.
- Great for chenille and other sensitive yarns.
- Softgrip comes in a long strip meant to be wrapped around the cloth (sticky) beam and tapped at each end to hold it in place. The process is user friendly and easily done on the loom.
- Good for slippery yarns like silk.