The AVL Compu-Dobby IV System is a compact, custom-designed electronic interface between your personal computer and AVL dobby loom. Designed to fit neatly into the AVL mechanical dobby head or the side of your negative dobby style loom, the Compu-Dobby is a fast, reliable means to accomplish complex and sophisticated weaves with ease.
Note: Compu-Dobby 4.5 (with WiFi) is no longer available as of 8/5/2019. However, the CD 4.5 will remain fully supported by AVL. Each new Compu-Dobby is built as a CDIV (without WiFi).
- Production Dobby Loom (PDL)
- Technical Dobby Loom (TDL)
- Studio Dobby Loom (SDL)
- Folding Dobby Loom (FDL)
- Any loom equipped with mechanical dobby, Compu-Dobby I or II.
- A-Series (negative style dobby)
Please choose what voltage you are using where you will plug this unit into. Please note that that the default standard voltage for households in the United States is 110-120 volts.
What type of Dobby do I have?
Compu-Dobby I is one solenoid box with a small Control Unit with six buttons on it. This is a positive style dobby.
Compu-Dobby II has two fairly equal sized boxes, one of which has a Liquid Crystal Display unit. This is a positive style dobby.
Compu-Dobby III is one big box, no secondary boxes. This is a negative style dobby.
Compu-Dobby IV is also one big box and looks like a CDIII. This is a negative style dobby.
- Compu-Dobby 4.5 also looks like a CDIV but has a WiFi antenna. This is a negative style dobby.
Manuals and Drivers
Compu-Dobby IV Manuals:
Older Compu-Dobby Manuals can be found here.
USB Driver: we recommend trying the VCP link first and then the D2XX.
VCP: Click on the link to find the Driver for your Operating System by scrolling down to the table that lists currently supported VCP drivers. We recommend downloading the setup executable file if it is available for your operating system. This file will self-install both VCP and D2XX drivers to your computer once executed.
D2XX: Click on the link to find the Driver for your Operating System by scrolling down to the table that lists currently supported D2XX drivers.We recommend downloading the setup executable file if it is available for your operating system. This file will self-install both VCP and D2XX drivers to your computer once executed.
For CDIII and earlier:
If you're using the Keyspan Serial>USB adapter, you may need to also download the driver corresponding to your operating system below.
- USA-19HS Driver (Windows 2000, XP, 2003 Server & Vista)USA-19HS Driver (Mac OS X 10.7 to 10.8.x)
- USA-19HS Driver (Mac OS X 10.6)
- USA-19HS Driver (Windows Server 2012)
- USA-19HS Driver (Windows 7, 8 and 10, Windows 2008 Server R2)USA-19HS Driver (Mac OS X 10.9 to 10.11)
- USA-19HS Driver (Mac OS X 10.12 to 10.14.x)